History of Teressa Normington
Teressa career in sterilizing spanned over 30 years. Beginning her career in 1990 at Bunbury Regional Hospital in Western Australia.
Her dedication and passion were CSSD education, helping to develop and teach through TAFE WA.
Teressa also served on the WA SRACA committee and as president over 30 years.
As well as serving as FSRACA President and represented Australia on the WFHSS Committee as the education officer.
Throughout her career Teressa demonstrated her commitment to education through teaching, mentoring, convening conferences and workshops and through her roles on these committees.
The scholarship is a tribute to Teressa and her long-standing dedication to the education of CSSD workers. The scholarship will be awarded at each FSRACA National Conference and will be to support a CSSD worker to attend a WFHSS International Congress.
The successful applicant can choose which congress they wish to attend within three (3) of receiving the scholarship.
FSRACA will award up to $5000 to cover economy flights, accommodation for the duration of the congress and early-bird Registration costs.
Edibility to Apply
- You must be currently employed in a Hospital, Clinic or Facility that is directly involved with the reprocessing of RMD’s.
- Your main role must be Reprocessing of RMD’s.
- You must demonstrate your commitment to continuing education by providing evidence of attendance to State or National conferences, workshops or education programs.
- You must be a full member of a State Sterilization Research and Advisory Council Australia (SRACA) for at least 2 continually years.
- You must submit the scholarship application form to the FSRACA Secretary with a letter of recommendation from your State SRACA confirming your membership status, length of time and commitment to education.
Completing am Application
Review the scholarship documents on the FSRACA website, complete the documentation and provide the required supporting documents.
You will need to answer the following questions in your application;
- Explain why you want to attend a WFHSS Congress?
- Describe how you will share the education learned from attending the congress with other sterilization personal?
- Describe how your attendance at a congress will benefit your place of work and colleagues?